Upcoming Events

Month At A Glance

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

[SGI-ToMyFriends-Wagatomo] Oct. 16th, 2018 To My Friends & Daily Gosho + Oct. 17th Daily Encouragement

 

A translation of "To My Friends" published in the Seikyo Shinbun based on President Ikeda's recent guidance, and more.

Tuesday, October 16th, 2018
-- TO MY FRIENDS --
Are my goals clear and precise?
Is my determination solid enough 
that I can definitely achieve my goals?
Constantly let us be asking ourselves 
these questions!
All in order to accomplish our vow!

Tuesday, October 16th, 2018
--- DAILY GOSHO ---
"When one faces a mirror and makes a bow of obeisance: the image in the mirror likewise makes a bow of obeisance to oneself."

(The Bodhisattva Never Disparaging 
- OTT, page 165)
Selection Source: 
Young Women's Division Gosho Passage
Seikyo Shinbun, October 16th, 2018

Wednesday, October 17th, 2018
----  DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT ----
"I would like to share with you some words of Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948): 'If I am told that my dream can never materialise, I would answer, 'that is possible,' and go my way. I am a seasoned soldier of non-violence, and I have evidence enough to sustain my faith. Whether, therefore, I have one comrade or more or none, I must continue my experiment.'*

"His profound words teach us that there is no more courageous way of life than remaining true to the path of one's convictions.

"We of the Soka Gakkai are walking our own great path of conviction—with unwavering belief that the lofty ideal of kosen-rufu will lead to the realisation of humanity's dream of lasting peace and true happiness for all people."

The Buddhism of the Sun—Illuminating the World, (33) To My Dear Friends of the Youth Division-Part1 [of 5], Walking the Path of Our Convictions based on the Spirit of Mentor and Disciple, from the January 2018 issue of Daibyaku-renge, translation released Sep. 2018

* Mahatma Gandhi. All Men Are Brothers: Autobiographical Reflections, compiled and edited by Krishna Kripalani (New York: Continuum, 2000), p.96.

The Japanese kanji is available by clicking on Seikyo Shinbun's
http://www.seikyoonline.com/news/wagatomo/

-- WAGA TOMO NI OKURU --
TATETA MOKUHYO WA MEIKAKU KA.
DANJITE TASSEI SURU TONO
ICHINEN WA SADAMATTE IRU KA.
MIZUKARA NI TOIKAKEYOU!
CHIKAI WA HATASHITE KOSO!

--- KYO NO GOSHO ---
"KAGAMI NI MUKATTE RAIHAI O NASU TOKI UKABERU KAGE MATA WARE O RAIHAI SURU NARI."
(Ongi-kuden Gosho Zenshu page 769)

__._,_.___

Posted by: Scobie-John Le May-Grellan <sjlmg@icloud.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a new topic Messages in this topic (1)
If you have a friend(s) who would like to get To My Friends directly get them to send an E-mail to the following address and just simply write - &quot;subscribe&quot;
                : SGI-ToMyFriends-Wagatomo-subscribe@yahoogroups.co.uk

from there on it is all automatic!

ALSO if you want to introduce a friend to the SGI but just don&#39;t know where to start, share with them the following addresses and they can read and watch some very well put together explanations about the SGI. Check it out yourself!

http://www.sgi.org/
http://www.sgi-uk.org/buddhism/practice

Check out the following address if you are looking for an important gosho quote

http://www.nichirenlibrary.org

And if you are looking for back editions of To My Friends click on...

https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SGI-ToMyFriends-Wagatomo/conversations/messages
  
To unsubscribe from this group send an email to:
SGI-ToMyFriends-Wagatomo-unsubscribe@egroups.com

But do drop us a line at sjlmg@wta.att.ne.jp when you leave and tell us why you are leaving as it often can help us to improve the service! Please!

To modify your subscription from receiving daily to picking up as you wish go to http://www.egroups.com/mygroups

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Blog Archive