Upcoming Events

Month At A Glance

Saturday, March 11, 2023

Sat. 11th March 2023 To My Friends & Daily Gosho + Sun. 12th March Daily Encouragement

A translation of "To My Friends" published in the Seikyo Newspaper based on Ikeda Sensei's recent guidance, and more.

Saturday, March 11th, 2023
-- TO MY FRIENDS --
Those who consistently 
chant daimoku, 
no matter what hardships they face,
are never defeated.
Infinite, boundless possibilities 
enfold in front of them.
Today again, 
let's be full of life force 
with an indomitable, 
never give in spirit!

Saturday, March 11th, 2023
--- DAILY GOSHO ---
"The fate of the nation depends upon the correctness of its government policies. And the validity of Buddhist teachings may be determined by consulting the bright mirror embodied in the sutra texts."

(Letter to Hōjō Tokimune 
- WND, Vol. 2, page 314)
Selection Source: Youth perspective, 
Seikyo Newspaper, March 11th, 2023

Sunday, March 12th, 2023
---- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT ----
"Sharing Nichiren Buddhism with others is the most difficult of all undertakings. 
I recall many times in my youth, when I was unable to clearly convey what I wanted to say, or when the other person wasn't interested, no matter how earnestly I spoke about our practice. It was an ongoing process of trial and error. There were also letters I sent that were returned unopened and times when I waited at an agreed-upon meeting place for someone, who ultimately never showed up.

"But I burned with fighting spirit, wishing to please, Mr. Toda, by expanding our movement for kosen-rufu. My gratitude and appreciation for my mentor drove my efforts. 'I'm young,' I thought. 'I can't let someone not being interested, bring me down. I need to speak out with confidence and pride.'

"...Each instance of helping someone embrace faith in Nichiren Buddhism amid such struggles shines as a 'memory of [my] present life in this human world' (cf.WND–1, 64)." 

Our Brilliant Human Revolution, Engage in Lively Discussion and Spirited Dialogue, from 26th October, 2022 issue of Seikyo Newspaper, translation released February 2023  


-- WAGA TOMO NI OKURU --
DAIMOKU O TONAENUKU HITO WA
DONNA KUNAN NIMO MAKENAI.
KANOSEI WA MUGEN NI HIROGARU.
KYO MO FUKUTSU NO SEIMEIRYOKU O
MANMANTO MINAGIRASEYO!

The Japanese kanji is available by clicking on Seikyo Shinbun's
http://www.seikyoonline.com/news/wagatomo/

--- KYO NO GOSHO ---
KOKKA NO ANKI WA SEIDO NO CHOKUHI NI ARI BUPPO NO JASHO WA KYOMON NO
MYOKYO NI YORU

(New Gosho Zenshu page 854, 
Gosho Zenshu page 170)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SGI-ToMyFriends-Wagatomo(Gillingham)" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sgi-tomyfriends-wagatomogillingham+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sgi-tomyfriends-wagatomogillingham/422aaaa2-b805-4720-b1a8-f09d2a6b1c69n%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Blog Archive