Upcoming Events

Month At A Glance

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

To My Friends & Daily Gosho Sep. 27th 2023 plus Daily Encouragement Sep. 28th

A translation of "To My Friends" published in the Seikyo Newspaper based on Ikeda Sensei's recent guidance, and more.

Wednesday, September 27th, 2023
-- TO MY FRIENDS --
The purpose of this faith 
is to overcome our weaknesses.
Let's develop an 
unshakable self
that cannot be swayed by 
any kind of karmic storm!

Wednesday, September 27th, 2023
--- DAILY GOSHO ---
"Moreover, as life does not go beyond the moment, the Buddha expounded the blessings that come from a single moment of rejoicing [on hearing the Lotus Sutra]."

(Questions and Answers about 
Embracing the Lotus Sutra 
- WND, Vol. 1, page 62)
Selection Source: 
Learning from Ikeda Sensei's guidance, 
Seikyo Newspaper, Sep. 27th, 2023

Thursday, September 28th, 2023
---- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT ----
"This is a diary entry I made in the autumn month of October 1950: 'Work is important, but I mustn't forget to make a point of studying the Daishonin's writings.' I was firmly determined not to slacken my efforts in Buddhist study. I told myself: 'I have a great mentor who has given purpose to my life! I have a lofty mission to which I will devote my youth! I have a profound philosophy to guide me in developing my life's full potential!'

"Despite being exhausted and in poor health, I would summon my energy to read the Daishonin's writings late at night. Each passage filled my young life with hope, courage, and the vow for kosen-rufu."


The Buddhism of the Sun—Illuminating the World, [90] A Hope-Inspiring Life Philosophy for the Real World, October 2022 Daibyaku Renge, the Soka Gakkai monthly study journal, translation released August 2023.    



-- WAGA TOMO NI OKURU --
SHINKO WA
JISHIN NO YOWASA NI
UCHIKATSU TAMENI ARU.
SHUKUMEI NO ARASHI NI HONRO SARENAI
KAKKOTARU JIKO O KIZUKO!

The Japanese kanji is available by clicking on Seikyo Shinbun's
http://www.seikyoonline.com/news/wagatomo/

--- KYO NO GOSHO ---
MATA INOCHI SUDENI ICHINEN NI SUGIZAREBA HOTOKE WA ICHINEN ZUIKI NO
KUDOKU TO TOKI TAMAERI

New Gosho Zenshu page 517, 
Gosho Zenshu page 466

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SGI-ToMyFriends-Wagatomo(Gillingham)" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sgi-tomyfriends-wagatomogillingham+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sgi-tomyfriends-wagatomogillingham/131febff-0f2d-4eba-b150-a49662e5ce24n%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Blog Archive