Upcoming Events

Month At A Glance

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

[SGI-ToMyFriends-Wagatomo] 8 June 2016 To My Friends & Daily Gosho + 9 June Daily Enc.

 

A translation of President Ikeda's "To My Friends" 
published in the Seikyo Shimbun and more.

Wednesday, June 8th, 2016
-- TO MY FRIENDS --
The strength of the inner resolve of a person 
who takes on the role of leading
is what sets the momentum 
for the entire group or organisation!
It's my hope that I can depend on you 
to take such leadership
so that each and every one of our members 
that you are looking after
feels at ease and has constant joy in their heart,
as they vibrantly advance in their endeavours!

Wednesday, June 8th, 2016
--- DAILY GOSHO ---
"For example, the journey from Kamakura to Kyoto takes twelve days. If you travel for eleven but stop with only one day remaining, how can you admire the moon over the capital?"

(Letter to Niike 
- WND, Vol.1, page 1027)
Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", 
Seikyo Shinbun, June 8th, 2016

Thursday, June 9th, 2016
---- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT ----
"In 'The Problem to Be Pondered Night and Day,' the Daishonin admonishes his disciples: 'You must not spend your lives in vain and regret it for ten thousand years to come' (WND-1, 622). 'In vain,' here, means to forget one's fundamental mission in life and allow oneself to be swept away by fleeting, unimportant concerns, leading an aimless and purposeless existence.

"'Life is limited; we must not begrudge it' (WND-1, 214); 'You must not spend your lives in vain and regret it for ten thousand years to come" (WND-1, 622)—how deeply we take these words to heart determines the depth of our lives.

"When I was young, my doctor said I probably wouldn't live to see my 30th birthday. I lived with a keen awareness of how limited my life might be. That's why I strove with all my might every day for kosen-rufu. I fought my hardest, determined to be a model for future generations, as a true disciple completely one in spirit with my mentor, so that I would have no regrets whenever my end might come.

"Because I have dedicated myself to my Buddhist practice in this spirit, I am certain that I have received the benefit of prolonging my life through dedication to the Mystic Law. Countless other SGI members relate joyful experiences of triumphing over illness and prolonging their lives through their Buddhist practice. They have all demonstrated proof of how wonderful it is to live life in accord with the golden words of the Daishonin.

"A life dedicated to the mission of fulfilling the great vow for kosen-rufu, compassionately sharing the Mystic Law with others, is guaranteed to produce a state of supreme joy and contentment."

SGI Newsletter No. 9351, The Buddhism of the Sun—Illuminating the World, [3] "Aspiration for the Buddha Land," Heirs to the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin, from the July 2015 issue of the Daibyakurenge, translation released 15th Feb. 2016

* The Japanese kanji is available by clicking on Seikyo Shinbun's
http://www.seikyoonline.com/news/wagatomo/

-- WAGA TOMO NI OKURU --
CHO NO ICHINEN GA
SOSHIKI NO IKIOI O KIMERU!
MINA GA KOKORO KAROYAKA NI
IKIIKI TO SUSUMERU YO
MEISHIKI O TANOMU!

--- KYO NO GOSHO ---
"TATOEBA KAMAKURA YORI KYO EWA JUNINICHI NO MICHI NARI SORE O JUICHINICHI AMARI AYUMI O HAKOBITE IMA ICHINICHI NI NARITE AYUMI WO SASHIOKITEWA NANTO SHITE MIYAKO NO TSUKI OBA NAGAME SORO BEKI"
(Gosho Zenshu, page 1440)

__._,_.___

Posted by: Scobie-john Le May-Grellan <sjlmg3@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a new topic Messages in this topic (1)
If you have a friend(s) who would like to get To My Friends directly get them to send an E-mail to the following address and just simply write - &quot;subscribe&quot;
                : SGI-ToMyFriends-Wagatomo-subscribe@yahoogroups.co.uk

from there on it is all automatic!

ALSO if you want to introduce a friend to the SGI but just don&#39;t know where to start, share with them the following addresses and they can read and watch some very well put together explanations about the SGI. Check it out yourself!

http://www.sgi.org/
http://www.sgi-uk.org/buddhism/practice

Check out the following address if you are looking for an important gosho quote

http://www.nichirenlibrary.org

And for the children there&#39;s a wonderful new web-site

http://treasures-of-heart.com/

And if you are looking for back editions of To My Friends click on...

https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SGI-ToMyFriends-Wagatomo/conversations/messages
  
To unsubscribe from this group send an email to:
SGI-ToMyFriends-Wagatomo-unsubscribe@egroups.com

But do drop us a line at sjlmg@wta.att.ne.jp when you leave and tell us why you are leaving as it often can help us to improve the service! Please!

To modify your subscription from receiving daily to picking up as you wish go to http://www.egroups.com/mygroups

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Blog Archive